DSM North America
Lauren Dondarski is legal counsel for DSM North America in Parsippany, NJ. She is a corporate generalist who provides legal counsel to the North American food and nutrition businesses, personal care business, manufacturing and technology business and shared services departments, including human resources, finance and IT.
Lauren has also provided legal counsel for Africa Improved Foods, a joint venture between the Government of Rwanda, DSM and other parties that addresses malnutrition and stunting in Rwanda and the East African region by manufacturing high quality nutritious complimentary foods.
Her recent experience includes:
- Researching and counseling company departments regarding manufacturing operations and EHS, supply chain and logistics, new product development and innovation, litigation and risk management, regulatory and other compliance, contract interpretation, employment, product safety and recalls, and other matters.
- Drafting, reviewing, and negotiating to completion sales and distribution agreements, advertising and promotion documents, R&D agreements, third party manufacturing, supply chain and logistics agreements, real property leases, construction agreements, consulting agreements, material transfer agreements, and non-disclosure agreements.
- Advising the company regarding joint ventures, mergers and acquisitions, and other strategic business relationships, and drafting, reviewing, and negotiating to completion the required agreements and ancillary documents.
- Managing and drafting legal claims and defenses arising from sales and supply, personal injury, employment, and other disputes, and engaging and managing outside legal counsel, where appropriate.
- Preparing and conducting training of employees on a variety of topics, including the contracting process, competition and anti-trust law, and various compliance matters.
Ms. Dondarski holds a B.S. in Finance from Rutgers University School of Business and a J.D. from Villanova University School of Law. Before joining DSM, Ms. Dondarski practiced corporate law and professional liability defense litigation with a law firm in Morristown, NJ and was a law clerk to the Presiding Judge in Middlesex County Superior Court, NJ – Family Law Division.